California Food Adventures
234 packed pages with more than 1,500 entries
Here is what is in the 2009 edition:
- 175 California Farm Vacations including farm stays, bed and breakfast inns, and camping on farms.
- 335 California Farm, Ranch and Food Tours. The book also includes tours of gardens, nurseries, and orchards. Tours can be with or without appointment, free or fee, and guided or self-guided.
- 330 California Winery, Vineyard, and Brewery Tours along with wine and beer tasting, picnics, events, and dinners.
- 95 California Ag Museums with indoor and outdoor exhibits.
- 30 California Food Processing Plants to include candy factories, cheese factories, other food factories, and fish farms.
- 535 California Food Festivals, Farm and Winery Events, and Fairs. The events include a celebration of a food such as apples, figs, grapes, melons, pumpkins, strawberries, tomatoes, etc. Also included is a "Taste of (name of city)," street fairs, and prepared foods such as BBQ, baked items, and tamales.
This book contains a wealth of information for those that would like to enjoy food adventures close to home.
$29.95 plus $6.95 for postage and handling. Send check or money order to: Richard S. Calhoun, 533 Vandenberg Circle, Roseville, CA 95747